Saturday, January 10, 2015

8 Words

Isn't it funny how sometimes you can be doing absolutely nothing, your mind is quiet and all the sudden out of nowhere you're taken back in time. Back in time, to that one moment when you feel your life changed forever. That old familiar feeling creeps up on you it gives you butterflies and makes your whole world spin. It's one of those memories that you will never forget, that one moment, that even today at 29 I can still remember. VIVIDLY, like it was yesterday. Being that little girl and hearing those 8 words: "Daddy..... well Daniel.... he's not your real father."  
      I remember exactly what I felt. Yet too young to quite understand exactly what I was feeling. Taking in all of these thoughts that I had never fathomed before so much confusion ran through my mind, through my heart. He has to be! Your'e lying! Does he still love me? *thinking* I feel strange, I don't belong. What about my real daddy? Where is he? Why did he leave me? Was I a bad girl?  I must have been! Daddies don't just leave their daughters! Right? Right mommy? Mommy stop saying that...that's mean!
     I remember being so young but question after question kept popping up in my head. I don't remember if I said all those things to my mom at the time or if I just remember thinking that. I felt like I was dreaming. 
     It's funny how 8 words can change everything. How 8 words can take my daddy away, my childhood away, my innocence away.

    I was just a little girl, in a very adult situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's 2022♥️♥️

via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CYLwAtUM6IU_2pn8xMg8whQhp9kUQzygQOmAkk0/